Charles Hire Group: Terms & Conditions of Hire
1. Hire charges are based on 24 hours, delivered on, or the day before function and collected the day after the function. Longer periods by arrangement. Goods must be available for collection at the agreed time, or waiting costs will be incurred.
2. All original boxes, bags, cartons “etc” must be returned, or charges will be incurred.
3. All china, cutlery, glasses “etc” are to be returned clean, unless you have taken the option to return all items dirty at the agreed extra charge.
4. Table linen hire includes a laundering charge, so these should be returned dirty.
5. All orders will be confirmed by email or by telephone.
6. If goods are to be delivered to halls, sports centres “etc” it is expected that the hirer or their representative, will be at the venue at the agreed delivery time. Waiting charges will be incurred if no-one is present to take delivery.
7. The Company operates on a cash on delivery or agreed terms arrangement. Credit cards are not acceptable.
8. All breakages must be paid for.
9. Any alterations to pre-booked orders must be made no later than 3 days prior to the function.
10. On receipt of delivery, the hirer is responsible for any damage or loss of property, until the items are collected by the Company or their appointed representative.
11. The Company reserves the right to charge a deposit to cover losses or damage.
12. All Equipment remains the property of the Charles Hire Group.
13. Delivery charges ranges from a minimum of £10 depending on postcode and size of order. Our drivers will not deliver items above ground floor. It is the responsibility of the hirer.
14. Where an evening collection is required, the following charges apply. Between 6pm & 8pm £40 and Between 8pm & 11pm £50.
15. Orders over the value of £300 require a 20% non-refundable deposit, 10 days prior to the function.
16. All order are subject to VAT and once your online order enquiry is confirmed we will be in contact with updated delivery and cleaning costs for you to agree to confirm your order.
How our website order system works:
• Add your items to the cart, make sure you choose the correct quantity.
• When you are ready to checkout, please use the ‘notes’ section to PLEASE INCLUDE DATE/TIME OF HIRE AND DATE/TIME OF COLLECTION AND DELIVERY/COLLECTION ADDRESS ON THE ‘ADDITIONAL NOTES’ SECTION AND WHETHER YOU WISH TO USE OUR CLEANING SERVICE.
• Choose your method of payment. Please note: Please do not make any payment until you have had a confirmation email or phone call letting you know that your order request has been processed and agreed. We will then remind you to make a payment. Remember your order request is subject to availability, the carriage is POA and cleaning is chargeable if applicable POA and because of this you will receive an updated cost including any cleaning and delivery costs by email for you to agree if subject to availability we can fulfil your order.
• Once your order is confirmed you may pay by BACs, cheque or cash. If you pay by BACs please use your Order ID as the payment reference. Your order won’t be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account unless otherwise confirmed. If you pay by cheque please send to: Charles Hire Group, Unit 12 Ducksbury Ind Est, Charlton Mead Lane, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 0DJ.Your order won’t be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account unless otherwise confirmed. Should you wish to pay by cash we will arrange if a deposit is necessary or whether you can pay on delivery of goods.